Pages

Sunday, March 9, 2008

Intersecting worlds

Since I am going to school for a degree in library and information science, I read many blogs related to libraries and web 2.0, along with all the other blogs in my blogroll. Sometimes, out of nowhere, your disparate worlds seem to collide. The American Library Association posted about the massacre of the eight students at Merkaz Harav in Yerushalyaim because the attack took place in the library. Eight Students Killed at Jerusalem Religious School Library is a factual accounting of the events, no politicizing in any way.
I like the fact that perhaps people who aren't aware of what happenned are exposed to it. Will it change the way they think or feel? I don't know but at least they are reading about it.
In February the ALA posted about the arrest of Hamas suspects in the destruction of the library in Gaza.

0 comments: